What are The Things About Malaysia that Makes Me Confused

So, before you read this post, I want to tell you something first. I'm not working in Malaysia. I still work at the HQ, in South Tangerang. But the company where I work, has an office in Malaysia. And I'm supporting them and also I'm handling Malaysian Clients. So, I want to tell you some stories based on my experience. Please correct me if I'm wronng 😊.

1. Most of Malaysian citizen are Malay, Chinese, or Indian. If you meet another race like Bangladesh, Myanmar, and etc, they are a foreigner. What's make this funny or interesting, they speak in different language. Example, Indian are like to speak using english rather than malay. Chinese are like to speak using chinese rather than malay. Amd of course, malay are like to speak using malaysian language. I'm not saying that they can't speak in malaysian language, but prefer to speak in other language.

2. Sometimes, Malaysian like to speak using their own slang, or we can called it manglish (malaysian english).
Example:
- Add "got" in every sentences, whether if the grammar is correct or not. Like "I got foxed that software". In the beginning, I was confused. Why they add "got" everytime? Another example is: "I got ready mah".
- Ady or d. Ady or d is the short word for "already". I was so confused about this. I took for a few months to make me know what is this until one of my colleague who knows has a cousin that are living in Malaysia, askes to her cousin and told me.

3. Malaysia's language is similar with Indonesia's. Some words are different and make me confused at the beginning.
Example:
- In Malaysia, car is kereta, while in Indonesia, kereta is train.
- In Malaysia, treat is belanja, while in Indonesia, belanja is shopping.
- In Malaysia, refrigerator is peti sejuk, while in Indonesia, peti is refer to a box to place a died person.
- In Malaysia, free is percuma, while in Indonesia, percuma is useless.

4. A youtuber told that Malaysian like to compalining. Yes, I feel it.

I think that's all that I can share with you. Thank you for reading this post 😊.

0 Comments