I Have to Go

Please forgive me who only come to you when I need you. Sometimes I regret it, but sometimes I don't regret it. I know that I only can make a problem. Crying beside you, and seek for your help. Sorry.

***

"I said that I like you. You're cute." I remember what have Eric said to me when we met on the coffee shop before.

I was sitting alone at that time. Had a glass of hot americano in the table with a beautiful view that I could see through the window. What a perfect day!

Suddenly, Eric sent me a message. He said that he has seen my photo and said that he want to meet up. So, I let him to meet me on the coffee shop.

"Congratulation on your photograph, Clara!" Eric said when he was standing next to me.

"Thank you Eric," I replied him.

"Wow, your coffee shop is nice! Eh, don't you offer me something? Like what drink that you want to have?" Eric asked. I stared to him, smiled, and laughed a little. Then, I showed him the list of the menu that I have.

"I want to have a glass of green tea latte. How much is it?" Eric asked.

"You don't need to pay. I will treat you today. Just sit and wait," I said.

"Okay then. Thank you," Eric replied to me.

I walked to the barista table. I asked my barista to make a glass of green tea latte for Eric. Than, we talked a little while we had our drink.

***

"Clara, how was your day here?" Eric asked to me while we were walking together near the Manhattan Bridge.

"Ya, so nice. I can enjoy what I do. Being the owner of a small coffee shop is nice. And also I still do the photography things," I said.

"I think you have been success to chase your dream," Eric said.

"Yeah," replied me. I put my hands inside the pocket and continue to stare the river. I saw two goose there. Then, I took my camera and capture it.

"Clara, do you want to have the last photo with me now?" suddenly Eric asked me like that, make me shock.

"Last photo? Why?" I asked.

"Because, I have to go tomorrow. I hope you won't mad ya," Eric said this while he was walking a litle next to me.

"Wait. Do you mean that you will have a vacation start from tomorrow?" I asked.

"It's a secret," Eric Said.

"Okay. Let's take a photo in here!" I said. After that, we took some photo on the Manhattan Bridge.

***

The day has been changed. Another has come. Of course, I came to my coffee shop as usual. This is my wokplace.

I manage everything. Salary, inventory, sales, and everything. I do it by myself.

"Clara!" a woman shouted my name when she was entering my coffee shop.

"Hi Evelyn!" I relied. Evelyn is Eric's sister.

"Clara, did you hear anything from my brother?" she asked me.

"About what? Ah, yesterdy he said to me that he want to go somewhere today. Is it a long vacation?" I asked to her because I was curious.

"Eric said that to you?" Evelyn asked to me.

"No, he didn't said where will he go. I just guess it. Is it correct?" I asked again.

"Then, you should follow me. Thruthfully, he doesn't want me to tell this to you. But, I think you shuld know. He s not on a vacation. He is on the hospital now. He is sick, Clara."

"What? He is sick? What kind of sickness that he has? am I the only one who don't know about this?"

"Well, I think he doesn't want to tell anyone excpt our family members. He has a leukimia."

I was feeling so down.  Really. I was shock and I can't say anything. I was speechless. I don't know how can I face this fact.

"Actually, he wrte a letter yesterday and he left this letter above his desk on his bedroom. I found it today. That's why I come ere. I want to give this letter to you. You should know."

Evelyn gave me the letter that has been writen by Eric. I took the letter and held it.

"Thank you for let me know. I will read this letter. My I know, which hospital I can go?"

"I think we can go there together. Take your time to read the letter first. After that, we can go to the hospital together."

"It's okay. I can read it later. Let's go!"

"Hold on ya. I have a call." Evelyn said to me while she was talking his phone from her bag.

"Hello? Ya?" Evelyn answered the call. I heard everything she aid on the phone. Than suddenly, she was shock.

"Clara...."

"Yes?"

"My mo said that Eric has been gone," Evelyn said to me.

"What do you mean by has been gone? WAit, it's impossible! Don't say that he has passed away."

"He has left us."

I was crying. Evelyn hugged me and tried to calm me down. Eric has left us so fast.

***

Dear Clara,

Sorry for not let you know earlier. Maybe I have been gone when ou read this letter. I'm sorry.

I want to let you know that I love you. Maybe you are not expect about this, that I love you.

Clara, I want you to be happy. Please don't be sad. I hope that you can meet a guy that better than me. A guy who can make you happy and can accept you whoever you are.

I was happy when I'm with you. When you are rying on my shoulder. I know what you only come to me when you need me. It's okay. It won't make me change from loving you.

Sincerly,

Eric Scoth.

0 Comments