#1: The Childhood

I was a little kid, around five years old. In 1999, it was my first time learning about music. My parents decided to enroll me to a music academy, once a week. The academy was not too far from my home, so my mom could accompany me to the academy by using public transportation.


At first, my parents enrolled me in a children's music course. It’s a grouping class for several kids, and can reach ten kids per class. The class duration is one hour. I joined it with other kids.


I forget who was my first teacher on my first day. But what I remember until now, my music teacher was Mrs Hardy, before I joined another class because she has retired.


I remember in my class, around one or two months after I enrolled, there was a boy who was very excited to join a music concert. Because my teacher at that time said that the quota for the concert was only one kid, so of course, that boy applied to the concert without being asked by anyone. And that boy was…. (actually, I’m not sure who he was. So blurry. But I’m partially sure that he was my BF).


I don’t remember what happened to that boy, also the reason why he moved to another class or maybe I was the one who moved to another class, not sure. But what I remember until now, before Mrs Hardy has retired, in my class only had one boy and he was my mom’s ex subordinate’s son.


Jump to another story. Actually, without I met my boyfriend in 1999 at the music academy, I had met him in the kindergarten since 1997. In July 1997 until June 1998, he was my classmate in kindergarten. But, we were not close. My close friend for that time that I still remember only Naomi. But once he said to me that in kindergarten, he chased a girl who likes to swing. I don’t know who she was, but actually I also like to swing, till now. If I’m the one he meant, I'm so happy. But if I’m not the one, it’ll not be any problem for me.


So, I was never aware that he was my classmate in kindergarten. Until one time in May 2024, he texted me, said that he studied in the same kindergarten with me. I was shocked, but not too shocked. Then, after several conversations, he showed me his kindergarten photo. Wow, we have the same photo! So insane! My mom is right. She believes that Jeff ever studied in the same school with me because she met Jeff’s mom several times in my school. My mom is not too sure about this, but she has a feeling that this is true.

Comments

Popular Posts