#17 My Story About Me and My Boyfriend

I don’t know if my story is unique or not. From classmates to lovers. Is it funny, right? Because we haven't been a couple since a long time ago. But, after 26 years have passed. Technology makes us meet.

Jeff, my boyfriend, was my classmate in kindergarten first grade. I don’t remember anything about him in the kindergarten, whether we were close or not. But as per his claim, back then in the kindergarten, he chased a girl who likes to play a swing, but he doesn’t remember who she is. To be honest, I like to swing very much, even now. But once again, we don’t remember about it.

Me and my BF did not study in the same school after kindergarten (from primary school until high school). We just learned piano in the same academy with the same teacher but in different classes. I have known him for a very long time because his piano class was after mine. I saw him many times after my class finished. But, I don’t dare to say hello to him, nor him. Only our moms. That’s why my mom and his mom know each other.

Separated by different high schools we attended, we studied at the same university. We took different majors, that’s why we never became friends. I took computer science, while he took information systems. Sometimes, we bumped into each other on the campus. But once again, we never say hello to each other. I know him, but I didn’t dare to say hello to him. It shows that I’m really an introverted girl. 

Someday, in which year (I forget, maybe 2020), he started to follow me on Instagram. I was very shocked. Someone that I adored once but also was forgotten by me, suddenly showed himself on my Instagram (I adored him because of his piano playing). WHAT? But it didn’t make me like him immediately. At that time, I was very busy with my work and sometimes needed to work overtime. I was very struggling with my work and I didn’t have much time to think about dating.

Every time I saw his post on Instagram, whether a post or a story, I told to myself “I can’t imagine if he’s my boyfriend. I don’t think he will be my boyfriend in the future”. I told myself like that because I know his weakness that many people don't know (I know it by hearing what has been told by his mom to my mom). I often told myself “There were many boys out there. He is not the only one”.

Time has flown by. I tried to get a boyfriend for myself in many ways. No one succeeded. I always fail. Try and try again, fail again. Many boys left me after they knew my weakness. I was struggling and wanted to give up about it and wanted to tell myself that being single is not bad. It’s better to be an unmarried woman than to be a woman that always fails to get a boyfriend. But what? Someday, God heard my prayer. I prayed to Him that I’m okay with anyone who matched my criterias. I don’t have any problem if God will send me an old classmate to be my boyfriend. That was my prayer. I pray a novena for nine days.

In May 2024, God granted my prayer. Jeff texted me for the first time to my Instagram’s inbox. It was very surprising. But what? I still told myself “I don’t think he will be my boyfriend in the future” every time I got a reply from him. I only just think of him as a friend. Like it was impossible for us to become a couple. I didn’t avoid his texts. “Why do I need to avoid him? Just becoming his friend is not a bad idea”.

After two or three days texting on Instagram, we moved to whatsapp. Suddenly, I asked him to meet up for the first time. I want to know him more, even though I still haven’t fallen in love with him yet. I just want to know him more if he is gentle, can be my chit chat partner, etc. So, we went to a mall in Jakarta on the public holiday. We ate ramen together. And since that day, I know that he is a nice guy.

After we met several times, I fell in love with him. But, I didn’t realize it immediately. Sometimes, I wanted to talk to him even just a little. We were connected by whatsapp. And I was worried if he didn't reply to my chat. Like I missed him. It’s falling in love, right? But I didn’t immediately realize it. I just thought to myself, maybe what I feel was wrong. And I was also struggling whether I would continue this or leave him because I didn’t know if he liked me too or not. I wanted to brush it off, but I couldn’t wipe him off my mind. He was stuck in my mind.

On our fourth meeting, if I’m not wrong, we went to Jakarta again. It was because I sent him one of my photos of Jakarta and I asked him if he wanted to visit it or not. He said yes and I asked him if he needed me to accompany him. He said yes. Then, I went on a trip again with him. That trip made sure very well that I fell in love with him. I have feelings for him. Because he was different from before. The aura was different in my sight. He was more caring to me. I felt like a butterfly was flying in my body. 

Four days after that trip, we officially became lovers. I can't hold back my feelings anymore. In the night around seven past forty, I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend or not. I prepared myself if he didn’t want to. But what? He said that he wanted to. So, that’s our story. That’s how I fell in love with him.

Comments

Popular Posts